Subject: [Leica] M8 Sensor Cleaning
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Jul 12 01:27:42 2007

I have dust in all my digital cameras. The dots are only occasionally
noticeable so it hasn't bothered me much. It is most noticeable if
the photograph needs to be stopped down a lot or on my attempts to
photograph red kites in flight where there are blotches all over the
sky. I think my M8 shows more defined blobs for dust than the DSLRs,
perhaps because the cover is closer to the sensor surface than the
stack of filters on the DSLRs resulting in the dust particles being
nearer to the focused plane the DSLR blobs are much fuzzier.
Anyway if you mainly take pictures at wider apertures and no plain
surfaces in view it is completely unnoticeable.
Frank