Subject: [Leica] Re: Canal Bridge
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Tue Jul 10 07:49:36 2007

I went and looked at some pictures - amazing stuff.
What interests me in this, and what caught my eye in
Graham's picture (why I asked the date) is how well
structures from the early days of modular iron
construction (pre-steel) have held up, not just as
feats of engineering, but in the beauty of the design
esthetic. It looks very different from everything that
came afterward.