Subject: [Leica] M8 Sensor Cleaning
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jul 8 13:01:37 2007

Jesse,
I have had pretty good luck using the canned air that I used to use to blow
off negatives.  I get the can to a "not full" by blowing off the keyboard if
it is new.  So, my cleaning flow is to take the lens off and blow out the
chamber with the camera tilted down; wait a minute or so and repeat.  Then I
engage the sensor cleaning function and blow off the sensor with the camera
about 45 degrees from upside down using a sweeping motion from the top to
the bottom.  Wait and repeat.  So far no issues and I don't take any special
precautions when changing lenses: for example maybe ten lens changes on the
dunes in Death Valley.