Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon SL706
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Wed Jul 4 09:22:10 2007

On Jul 4, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Douglas Sharp wrote:

"Zeiss-Ikon SL706 with an Opton 1.8/50mm - one of the last really German
SLR's. Built like a tank and a wonderful lens. The stop down gubbins got
broken and couldn't be repaired.
Douglas"

Well I'll be. I still have my SL706 SM plus three lenses - 35mm, 50mm
Ultron, 135mm, in a matching kit case I bought new in 1972 in Wiesbaden.
Still works well, as far as I know, though I haven't put a battery in for a
few years (match needle metering only, CDS cell). The Ultron is as sharp
stopped down as any lens I've ever used, period. Good bokeh, too. Odd
concave front element. If I ever create a new website, I will post a photo
or two from this outfit.

Marc I'm sure can chime in, but I think the machinery and parts were shipped
off to Singapore, where the first Rollei reflexes made there were very
similar cameras.

Great camera!

Will von Dauster

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Zeiss Ikon SL706)