Subject: [Leica] PAW 26 dlridings
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jul 3 01:19:48 2007

Daniel, very interesting regarding the silk cord. I recall now reading
something about the Contax design. It's pretty astounding
that it is repairable, making a functional shutter. I must read more. I
recently saw a Leica 111 for sale which had a neat little
Leicavit type device. That seemed to be driven by a cloth tape. Such an
elegant little thing.
My comments on the Sonnar were probably simplistic, given that I was looking
at the web versions of the original pics. I just had an
impression of a duller reproduction and of course different flare
characteristics.
I have one of the little T3's from Kyocera and that modern Sonnar is
marvellous.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of whatever you serve up.
Tomorrow I get back some 300+ frames of good Provia and Velvia from my
holiday. Can't wait to see them and, I hope, find some worthy
of posting.

Cheers
Hoppy