Subject: [Leica] Re: Fireworks
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Jun 27 07:20:21 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 6:43 AM, Nathan wrote:

> Hi Larry,
>
> Maybe it is a dumb suggestion, but if you have a certain exposure that
> worked for you when shooting (fireworks on) film, why not just use
> the same exposure
> with digital?
>
> Nathan

I'm still not used to this digital thing yet. My DSLR has about 15
different modes of operation and I'm never sure what I'll get on any
of the settings. Following some early advice on the LUG, I think it
was Ted's, I just left the camera in AUTO mode, used the finest JPEG
settings and trusted to the digital gods. For most pictures the
results have been satisfactory. But I was afraid that fireworks fall
outside the usual range of automation. At least with film there were
only three variables, lens opening, shutter speed, film type and I
knew what to expect. I guess it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Larry Z