Subject: [Leica] Jobs Overated?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jun 24 08:54:12 2007

-------------- Original message from Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@san.rr.com>:
----> Steve,

> Rather than being "overrated", jobs are sometimes necessary to put food
> on the table and to pay for medical and prescription bills.
>
> But you wouldn't know or understand about that, being an MD!<<<<<

Jerry,
How dare you post such a comment when you have no idea who or what Dr. Steve
Barbour does as an MD!

Jerry life is tough in many ways for all of us! You're no different than
many others and its' unfortunate you've had to return to working at the age
of 77.  Then there are those of us who at 78 haven't stopped only because we
too have to purchase meds and other incidental things to stay alive!

However, I know the patient load Steve does so I'm going to be as frank and
blunt as I can regarding your above comment!

You owe Steve Barbour a great big apology!! This is a man, a life dedicated
doctor in the saving of children's lives and you make a mockery of what he
does because you think he's an MD! Damn you!

It's unfortunate you sullied his reputation of 29 hour days, 9 days a week
of working with a child knowing some times no matter how hard he tries, in
some cases is hopelessly going to die! But he fights to the last because
that's his life and not your callous comment:

It's not a job to Steve as you so callously write off as a non understanding
MD! It's a life dedicated to helping sick children and hopefully saving
their lives.

So good sir if you'd be so kind, a word of apology is in order for this most
dedicated man we know as a screen or live face to face friend and healer.

Thank you,
ted