Subject: [Leica] Archival Qualities of Slide Films
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu Jun 21 12:44:52 2007

Jim, Tina is right. ROC can do amazing thing. If you don't have one
to try locally, contact me off-list and you can send me a sample
(that you don't care too much in case it gets lost in the mail) and I
will do a scan for you. I have both a -4000 and a LS-8000 and ROC can
do magic with some old prints I got.

At 12:22 PM 6/21/2007, Tina Manley wrote:
>Jim - A Nikon LS5000 scanner with Digital ICE3 has a feature called
>ROC or Restoration of Color.  It does an unbelievably good job of
>restoring color to faded slides.  Here is the description:
>
>Digital ROC
>Digital ROC (Reconstruction of Color) reads the dye signature in the
>base layer of faded slides and negatives and rebuilds the original
>color values based on data that it gathers during scanning. The
>resulting image is true to the original. This process is far more
>accurate than post-scan software solutions that attempt to guess at
>the original colors and tones.
>
>This software is also available separately from Kodak:
>http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/software/imgEnhancePlugIns/roc.jhtml?id=0.2.22.24.3.16.3&lc=en

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Archival Qualities of Slide Films)