Subject: [Leica] Re:Forbidden building
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Mon Jun 18 19:35:09 2007

I was not around to see it, but new American submarines were built in
Wisconsin and traveled down the Mississippi to the Gulf on their way to the
war.  And that's a fact....

  ( But to tell "the rest of the story" they were transported on river
barges.)    {8o)

Christopher Williams <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
  During WWII, Germans living in New Orleans(including ambassadors) were
using their cameras(on fishing trips) to photograph the
waterways in and around the mouth of the Mississippi River. Of course now we
know there was no way a U-Boat could get into the Miss
River but they had excellent targets at the mouth of the river to shoot at
for 2 years before we actually did something about it.

I've never had any problems here photographing bridges, but like Jeff
pointed out, the local gov does not like their refineries
photographed.

Chris