Subject: [Leica] two kids
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Mon Jun 18 19:32:57 2007

I do not think a scan and viewing on a monitor will tell you as much as
having a real photographic enlargement made.  And then you hang the picture
where it can be admired and instill jealousy.....

Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> wrote:
On Jun 17, 2007, at 6:37 PM, G Hopkinson wrote:

> Steve, cute kids, more than nice light and colour.
> I really like the "lines" shot. Marvellous scenic.
>
> Sorry for a brief tech diversion;
> Something's going on here regarding film/scanning/sharpening/post-
> processing.
> A grain effect across these just seems more prominent than I would
> expect.

thanks Hoppy... agreed, please tell me what you think...

> I don't see it at all in close examination of your "Old Navajo" in BW.

this one was done with a leica R lens on a Canon digital...

input on the film photos much appreciated re film processing and
scanning issues...

this was done by a commercial lab...

thanks, Steve