Subject: [Leica] More on the forbidden bank
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jun 17 19:07:55 2007

On 6/17/07 6:45 PM, "dnygr" <dnygr@cshore.com> typed:

> It's interesting to see others have had similar experiences. I do agree
> that
> if you are on public property you can photograph.
>
> This brings me to an interesting story.
>
> I know a professor at a prestigious school who likes to paint. He's from
> Brooklyn and learned to stick up for himself in the city.
>
> One day he painting in a nice, rural suburb. A police car pulled up and
> said
> he had a complaint about him and wanted to know what he was doing. "I am
> painting," he responded, though the policeman could clearly have recognized
> that and known the man has some, but not a great deal of talent. No
> DaVinci,
> he.
>
> The policeman then asked him for some ID. The professor answered, "Officer,
> you are now intruding on my personal property." The officer wished him a
> good
> day and left.
>
> We should all defend our freedoms. It is far easier to rob us of our
> freedom
> than to rob a bank.
>
> Doug

I was involved with the Civil rights Movement and anti war movements but
being rude to police I don't think has anything to do with any of that.
If there's a stranger in neighbored people don't know and they don't know
what he's up to and call the police and I'm the police guy I'm going to go
and check up out and find out what he's doing. I'm not a police guy though.
I just play one on television.
If a police guy asks me what I'm up to I tell them. And I'm real nice. I
figure maybe he's tired. Or I'm tired. And he/she had other things to do
that day and so do I. Like live.

Mark Rabiner
Harlem, NY

markrabiner.com