Subject: [Leica] M8 and 75 Summilux, the DAS study
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Tue Jun 12 15:21:43 2007

  My 50 mm. Summilux for the M and 90 TeleElmarit both came with the
reversing shades and the "silly saucer" caps that were always falling off.
I finally put both caps in the accesory drawer and used one of the plastioc
caps from the early Rs.  I think that may be the one you describe.  Since
those are not the lenses they were made for, they seem to work well....{8o)

Lottermoser George <imagist3@mac.com> wrote:
  I don't have any problem paying a reasonable price for quality
equipment whether a lens or a cap for it. The weird thing with Leica
is that some of their caps, over the years, were built to last the
life of the lens and stay on. Others, especially those that clipped
over lens shade pins, are not worth any price at all. Everyone, of
that type, I've had has split and end up with duck tape. And they
don't stay on after real use.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com