Subject: [Leica] Re: B&W from P&S cameras
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sun Jun 10 07:56:27 2007

Hi Jeffrey,

The GRD is a beautiful little camera with a top notch lens and
general ergonomy and build, that I liked using a lot.
Your image shows the possibilities with it and also proves that well
thought out use of filters in PS for B&W can lead to beautiful results.
I never considerd noise to be a huge problem: there's a lot of good
software around to get rid of it without too much detail loss, and in
the analog era, grain was also well accepted. Sometimes it's just
another element that makes a shot better.
The only thing that bothered me, and what made me part with it after
a good while, was its annoyingly slow RAW writing. Just unnacceptable
for photography where more than one interesting situation can occur
within about 17 seconds...

Philippe

Op 10-jun-07, om 16:44 heeft Jeffery Smith het volgende geschreven: