Subject: [Leica] Leica M6/Tri-X vs Ricoh GR-D and Leica D-Lux 3
From: mitcha at mac.com (mitcha@mac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 8 18:43:12 2007

The grain factor is the reason that I've stuck to small-sensor
cameras (the Ricoh GR-D and Leica D-Lux 3) rather than getting an M8,
with which I would have to shoot at ISO1250 or 2500 to get a grain
effect -- I don't like to put in grain artificially because, although
I do a lot of post-processing, I like to work more "directly" with
regard to grain.

At the url below you can see a "slideshow" of 112 B&W pictures, my
"Bangkok Series", of which 48 were taken with the Leica M6 (mainly
with Tri-X, HP5 and some Fuji 1600) and the rest with mainly with the
GR-D, and some with the Leica D-Lux 3. Granted that they're only
small jpegs, but I think they nevetheless show the qulaity of B&W
that you can get with small-sensor digital cameras:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/sets/72157594271568487/show/

Incidentally, this series is in four "chapters", but without any
chapter titles.

?Mitch/Bangkok

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] Leica M6/Tri-X vs Ricoh GR-D and Leica D-Lux 3)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Leica M6/Tri-X vs Ricoh GR-D and Leica D-Lux 3)