Subject: [Leica] OT Rechargable AAs, (WAS Re: $99 Samsung
From: mstoesz at wyoming.com (mstoesz)
Date: Fri Jun 8 18:10:07 2007

Don Dory said:

Rei,
Go to either your nearest Wal-Mart or Bergen County Camera
and pick up what
they have in a 2300 to 2600 MaH battery and 1-4 hour charge
time charger.
Don't sweat the brand name as four more batteries are cheap
anyway.

MIKE STOESZ SAYS:

Rei: How about going to a small locally owned store and
support a small businessman struggling against the big box
retailers (Walmart,kmart,target,CC, OD, OM, Staples).  Us
small guys need financial support too and no purchase is too
small.  In my town (the third largest city in Wyoming) I am
the only knowledgable photo resource now. The next most
experienced photographer (in business)(portrait
photographer)in town is in his 30's. Other labs/retail
stores have closed thanks to WM, Staples, KM and the
internet.  I am 62 years old and just refinanced my home so
I could stay in business. I hope it works because I do not
want to leave town, find a job at my age, or try to survive
on SS, or be a greeter at WM. People come to me all the time
for advice on how to use their new camera because they
bought it a a big-box retailer from some clue-less clerk and
neither they or the clerk could understand the directions or
has a photographic background.  Last month I discontinued
processing E-6 because I had not processed 100 rolls since
Jan 1.  It is impossible to keep the chemistry controlled
under those conditions.  I was the last E-6 processor in the
entire state of Wyoming.  It was a disappointment to some of
my clients but even they did not use enough slide film to
keep it going.

Please check my Friday Sale list and see if there is
something you can use. If you need something else, please
inquire, not everything I own is listed and I have about 30
cubic feet of photo stuff in the basement.

Kind regards,
Mike Stoesz
Owner
LARAMIE DIGITAL PHOTO CENTER AND STUDIO (formerly Rainbow
Photography)
213 Grand Av.
Laramie, Wy. 82070

On 6/8/07, Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> wrote:

> btw, what's the scoop on a good rechargable AA system
nowadays?
> since i almost never use flash, i'm kind of out of the
loop.
> there's a lot of batteries made my poeple i've never heard
of,
> so i'd to get some testimonials.
>
> i got a couple of the samsung S630s for my kids (with my
kids being so