Subject: [Leica] Re: DVD failure
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Jun 8 17:13:48 2007

Correct Steve, but, with sensor density increasing and content getting
larger, most people would rather pay the same for a 4.6 gig disc as a 700mb
disc.  So, the manufacturers won't spend a lot of money designing a
multifunction laser that will read CD's, DVD's, and hidef whatever disc.
So, my prediction is that the ability to read CD's will disappear just like
the ability to read floppy's, or Syquest, or a host of other storage methods
obsolete.