Subject: [Leica] IIIa vs IIIf
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu Jun 7 10:50:44 2007

Peter & Ken,

My first Leica was a IIIa, bought in 1952, and at the time it was my only
rangefinder experience and it worked fine with my young eyes.  As bifocals
came along, I added an external briteline finder.  I now also have a IIIf,
which is my primary Leica body.  I find it no problem to focus, then move to
the external finder, with either camera.  Using the internal finder would
require a little variation in the shooting motion, but is really no problem.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA