Subject: [Leica] IMG Abstracts in the AM week 6
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jun 5 21:04:14 2007

My academic training taught me these would be substracts. Not abstracts.
Abstracts are based on nothing. Some paint on a canvas.
But a substact is a small hard to recognize part of something in a different
less recognizable context.

If you want to believe my teachers. Who probably just made it up.

I like it though. And them.

Myron Kozman taught me that. Who studied right under Moholy Nagy and always
referred to him.
I just found out last week Myron's paintings are hanging in a gallery here
in town. Myron died a few years ago. Influenced me greatly. Was an actor as
well as a graphic artist.

Mark Rabiner
Harlem, NY

markrabiner.com