Subject: [Leica] Testing a new lens
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Jun 5 16:31:27 2007

Hello Chris , I think you'll find it's a Yellow Flag (or Golden) Iris,
the Marsh Orchid is pink-purple and has a flower made up of many
flowerlets and more or less shaped like a bottle brush - excellent shot
though.Strangely enough , the Marsh Orchid hardly ever seems to grow  in
marshes, most of the ones I've seen were growing on the embankments of
disused railways in Northumberland  - though perhaps they were Common
Spotted Orchids - I find it  hard to tell them apart :-)
Cheers
Douglas