Subject: [Leica] re: armed america pre-orders and in other countries
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Jun 4 13:55:00 2007

Kyle, I love your work, you sense of humor and your writing style. If
you do a book on your levitation project, goth chicks (clothed would
be just fine with me) etc. I would buy it. The subject matter of your
current book is not something I'd buy though. Nothing against you,
nor do I wish to drag the debate onto LUG. Just want to wish you the
very best of luck.

At 11:40 AM 6/4/2007, you wrote:
>There's someone at my publishers who knows how many amazon has sold in
>pre-orders but I was suprised to find out that number is confidential --
>they can't tell me. They do say things like "amazon is really excited
>about it" and amazon will be publishing some of my travel diaries as
>extra content to showcase it. But as for numbers, I don't exactly know.
>I've watched it move up and down the sales ranks -- which I'm guessing
>means that there was some movement -- it went up as high as #1,500 a few
>weeks ago but is in the 8,000's right now.
>
>As for other countries, I can only guess based on web hits.
>www.armedamerica.org is getting a huge number of hits from russia,
>france, netherlands, germany and japan. It was already featured on the
>front page of a Swedish newspaper, so people are looking.
>
>Happily it doesn't really seem to have hit in America yet. The official
>"in store" date is August first, so I'm hoping that nobody really
>discoveres it until that date.
>
>Thanks to everybody who's helped out with this.
>
>Kyle

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)