Subject: [Leica] re: armed america pre-orders and in other countries
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon Jun 4 11:42:26 2007

There's someone at my publishers who knows how many amazon has sold in
pre-orders but I was suprised to find out that number is confidential --
they can't tell me. They do say things like "amazon is really excited
about it" and amazon will be publishing some of my travel diaries as
extra content to showcase it. But as for numbers, I don't exactly know.
I've watched it move up and down the sales ranks -- which I'm guessing
means that there was some movement -- it went up as high as #1,500 a few
weeks ago but is in the 8,000's right now.

As for other countries, I can only guess based on web hits.
www.armedamerica.org is getting a huge number of hits from russia,
france, netherlands, germany and japan. It was already featured on the
front page of a Swedish newspaper, so people are looking.

Happily it doesn't really seem to have hit in America yet. The official
"in store" date is August first, so I'm hoping that nobody really
discoveres it until that date.

Thanks to everybody who's helped out with this.

Kyle

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] re: armed america pre-orders and in other countries)
Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] re: armed america pre-orders and in other countries)