Subject: [Leica] Super-wide landscape - Lympa Log
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Sun Jun 3 21:40:07 2007

Phil - well, let's both just hope Oly has a camera out soon that
combines the best of both worlds with a LV tilt screen and 10-12
mpixels. Or Leica? (Won't hold my breath. . .)

As for the Oly 11-22 mm lens, for me it is too close to the
14-54/2.8-3.5 Zuiko "standard" lens. (For 4/3 format, you double the
focal length for 35mm equivalent). One pays a fair amount to just get
that little 11-13mm slice of wider angle. If you price the lenses as
cost per mm of wide angle, then even at its heftier price, the f/4
7-14mm is a better value. Plus I consider it a ground-breaking lens,
much in the same class as the Leica APO 70-180/2.8. With the Zuiko
wide and that Leica telephoto, I feel like I have the two best
"book-ends" in the world.

Thanks to all who commented on the landscape shot!
Gary Todoroff

Message from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] Super-wide landscape - Lympa Log)
Message from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] Super-wide landscape - Lympa Log)