Subject: [Leica] Re: Oly E500
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Jun 1 15:29:20 2007

On Jun 1, 2007, at 2:41 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Consider the Oly E500 which comes with two wide angle lenses at around
> US $ 649.00 - less in some stores here.  You can swap lenses with the
> L1, use the R adaptor, R lenses etc.  You only have to look at Gary
> Todoroff's incredible images with the APO 280 4.0 to see what's
> possible with that setup.

I highly recommend the Oly E500. It is small, reliable, and because
of the ultrasonic dust remover, the pictures are spot free. The two
zoom lenses in the kit are acceptable for most uses although better
and much more expensive lenses are available. Even a lens by LEICA.
If you already have Olympus lenses an adapter flange is available to
let you use your film lenses on the 4/3 mount. The adapter costs $99
from Oly USA but ordered direct from China on eBay costs only $20. I
already had a collection of Olympus film lenses and they all worked
well on the E500 in aperture priority mode. Focusing on the small
screen is not as easy as on the large screen of the film cameras.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] Super-wide landscape - Lympa Log)
Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] Re OT : Oly E500 vs 510 - 400 vs 410)