Subject: [Leica] 28 f/2.8 M-Rokkor Lens....comments please?
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Tue May 22 07:08:27 2007

Hey Ken-
  I'd agree that the CV 28/1.9 is the way to go. I've been shooting one
since last September, and upgraded to the Summicron 28 a few weeks ago. The
CV compares VERY well against the Summicron, and I think shows a hair less
distortion in the corners.
  I'm not sure how the Rokkor and CV compare in price though.

"J. Newell" <john.o.newell@comcast.net> wrote:
  Ken, no personal experience, but did you read the comments on the
Cameraquest M Lens page? There were apparently some issues with the glass in
that lens. I'm not really a 28mm user but I think if I were looking at 28s
I'd check the CV 28/1.9 as well.

Best,
John Newell