Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy helped me- Saga continues
From: phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Mon May 21 21:26:01 2007

Hoppy,

sorry to read you resent another friendly neighbour to have looked at
your first version and syphoned it from my gallery to make a worthy
contribution.
I would never have given him access to your tiff without your permission
both oral and written - next october I guess would have been the right
time to.
Now I owe you each a round of Belgian beer.

More seriously, both you have made a tremendous job out of this photo -
Douglas had sensed the mountains could still be improved on your file,
which he did, and which you also did in your latest version without
being aware of Douglas's amendments.
Your latest sets the road out just as I had pictured it in my mind while
taking the snap - I'll tackle the tarmac in LR I remember thinking when
I opted to get the clouds as a priority.

How can I express the pleasure you've given me by using my file/photo?
Simply by posting and acknowledging your results on the list for all to
know.
I don't see that a photo when it pleases you should be kept secret.
Mind you, I know that some people would resent this. I recently edited
two photos by someone- from another list - and who lives in the
Netherland. Well, I'm afraid he may not apprevciated the idea as he
never acknoldeged receipt of the second, and no longer writes on that
other list.
I do appreciate when people comment, amend or fire on my posts as this
is the gist of it all on the list; nice people from all over the planet,
sharing views, info, techniques, flames sometimes, to make the world a
better place to photograph in ;-)

Thanks for all the details. I'll try them out but with a limitation -
PSE only takes 8bits - hence my colours sometimes lack in detail and
"finesse", but the "lesson" should hold for BW.

Thanks again so much to both of you.

Yours, internationally
Phil...x
(beer and kangaroo lover ;-) )