Subject: [Leica] OT: cheap digtal p/s
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sat May 19 19:17:16 2007

Really good and cheap choice, enjoy it!
Saludos cordiales
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Phil Swango
Enviado el: s?bado, 19 de mayo de 2007 23:24
Para: LUG
Asunto: [Leica] OT: cheap digtal p/s

I've been wanting a really cheap p/s digital camera as a carry everywhere
snapshot camera.  I ran across a 6mp Samsung for $99 at Ritz so I got one
and took it for a stroll.  Here are a dozen from the first day:

http://picasaweb.google.com/paswango/Samsung

So far I like it a lot.  The picture quality is less "digital" than what I'm
used to and the highlights don't seem to blow as easily as most.  It has
three different aspect ratios (3x4, 2x3, 9x16).  It has an anti-shake system
that I don't quite understand, nice ergonomics, and a 2.5 inch LCD.  OTOH,
no optical finder, the LCD isn't as bright as some, and battery life could
be better (2 NIMH rechargables).  ISO 80 to 400.  Noise at 200 is fine for
4x6 prints, 400 usable but noise visible.  3X optical zoom.  Movie mode,
built-in mike.  Multishot pano capability.  SD memory to 4meg.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE