Subject: [Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron - NowSummitar
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun May 6 13:48:08 2007

Jeffery,

I have a Summitar which was CLA'd a year or so ago, and it is a fine lens,
particularly for B&W.  I haven't used it enough lately, because a 35mm focal
length seems to suit my recent choice of subjects.  I'm surprised that it is
not in your collection of 50s.  To my eyes, it is the best Leica 50mm before
the Summicron.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA