Subject: [Leica] A few left
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff S. Matsler)
Date: Sat May 5 00:37:34 2007

Hi Ric,

Photos like these always intrigue me.  My experience in worship has
definitely been more like that in Ken C's parish shots  than like these and
Walt's.

I have a feeling I would feel odd with a camera "observing" such a service.
Perhaps not though.  Maybe the PJ in you just kicks in and starts shooting,
like at any other event?  I would probably want to visit enough to get
comfortable with the worship leaders before shooting.  What was your style
on these?  Do you use long lenses (I'm guessing not if you're shooting RF)?
If not, what's the rule of engagement you follow in an event as spiritual as
this?  I'm curious, because I'd love to do some of this if the opportunity
arose.

I have no issues photographing Friday night high school football in Texas -
and that's a religious experience for the "congregation" on par with any
Christian worship service I've ever seen or heard about.  After that, I'm
ready for anything the charismatic / Pentecostals can work up.  ;-)

Jeff M