Subject: [Leica] Re: JPEG look on LR vs the web
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Fri Apr 27 09:43:26 2007

As I understand, my monitors (planar high-end LCDs) are calibrated into sRGB
space (as I have it set).
Color compliant programs look great on it. Everything matches. Prints from
pro-lab also come looking great.

I am previewing sRGB Jpegs on non ICC aware browsers on my own machine.
That is when the images go flewy and look ruddy skinned.

I check out my web posted images at other computers from time to time and
they also look ruddy.

My guess is it is a combination of poor representation of images by non-ICC
browsers and non-calibrated monitors.
But I can't understand why the images would look bad on my system which
>should< be in sRGB space.

Thats why I like B&W!

Eric