Subject: [Leica] Re: JPEG look on LR vs the web
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Apr 27 14:39:35 2007

Eric, regarding your monitors, I meant that while they would very likely
only work within the sRGB colour space, they may not
necessarily be able to display all of it. However the important thing there
is that you have your systems colour managed and they
work. Since the browsers are not ICC aware as I thought was likely the case,
then the image is not being mapped (by the video card)
to the monitor profile when you are using the browser. It is out of the
colour managed control. The images should still be the right
temperature and brightness because you've physically adjusted the monitors'
controls in the calibration process, but the colour
reproduction may not be the same? On your clients' computers the same image
would most likely be too bright and too cool at a
default setting but you have no control there, of course.

My thoughts anyway.

Cheers
Hoppy