Subject: [Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Apr 26 08:28:01 2007

I shot some of these same photos last year with a M7 and Fuji Acros
100 and only a 28mm 2.8 Elmarit. What a mess. I was shooting at f2.8
and down to 1/8 sec and the photos were still underexposed. As this
was a guided tour, a tripod would be very inappropriate and too slow.

The advantage I had this year was ISO 640 and daylight WB setting. I
don't like the photos the M8 produces at ISO 1280, especially if the
WB is Tungsten. I still try to keep my shutter speeds above the
inverse focal length for hand holding but admit a M camera allows
slower speeds. And f1.0 helps here. But if memory serves me right
didn't you post a photo in pretty dim light where the image spoke for
itself and the quality was immaterial? I think it was at a funeral or
something. I'm thinking it was a great photo.

Len