Subject: [Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Apr 25 21:19:13 2007

Great pictures. When I look at them and compare them to what I've been able
to get with my M8 and my Noctilux, I realize that the problem might be that
I just don't have enough light. I think I've been fooled by the "Nocti" in
its name.

I'm going to spend a few days using the Noctilux in the daytime, or at least
in places that have brighter illumination, and see what happens. I've never
tried using the Noctilux in a setting where I could get away with ISO 640
f/1 at 1/45, for example. I've always used it at the edge, ISO 1280 -2EV f/1
at 1/30 or 1/15.

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work)