Subject: [Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Apr 25 13:25:06 2007

All of the following photos were taken with the M8 and the 50mm
Noctilux. All except the last photo were taken at f1.0 and ISO 640.

These photos were all taken inside of the restored home of William
Penn on the Delaware River. There is not lighting in the home and
flash photos are not allowed. Even the window panes have a UV
protection film to help preserve the antiques furnishings. I have
learned in order to take photos you need a sunny day and a fast lens.

#1 Focused only on the pot in the center of the hearth.

http://tinyurl.com/332rw9

#2 On the edge of the table is a wampum contract which signifies a
land purchase by Penn from the Indians.

http://tinyurl.com/2otzhz

#3 The following photo shows what appears to be a miniature tea set.
It is actually a full size coffee set of the time. Coffee was so
expensive only a small amount was ever made at one time.

http://tinyurl.com/34r9lc

#4 The kitchen hearth. Focus was on the blacker pot near the center
of the photo.

http://tinyurl.com/2v4ksn

#5The following photo was able to be taken at f2.8 because of the
light from two windows and also an attempt to get the whole table in
focus. The focus point was the nearest loaf of bread.

http://tinyurl.com/2nw8ya

I hope you enjoyed the photos. I also wanted to show the LUG that it
is possible to use the Noctilux and M8 together in very low light and
actually take photos. I love this lens now.

Len

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work)
Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work)
Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work)