Subject: [Leica] Re: OT - calibration of monitor
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Apr 24 17:16:14 2007

Aram, I have the same model Spyder and a Dell 24 widescreen. I think that
they are actually Samsungs. I have just completed a
recalibration.
Did you adjust the RGB levels each individually, rechecking after the on
screen display was off? After resetting to factory
defaults, I found that the luminance was so high and one colour so out of
balance that adjustment was difficult.
I started again from the default sRGB setting and then the calibration went
extremely well.

Keep in mind too, that the very high brightness at that contrast ratio you
mentioned is very different from what you need to soft
proof a print. The print (and printers) can't cope with anything like that
range. When you calibrate you will probably end up with
only a fraction of the luminance.

Maybe send me a note (off list if you want) and we can compare settings step
by step, to help sort it out.

Cheers
Hoppy