Subject: [Leica] Re: OT - calibration of monitor
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans#2)
Date: Tue Apr 24 10:23:09 2007

I just purchased the best flat panel monitor I could afford or find
locally.  Samsung 226BW with a 3000:1 contrast range.  Things look quite
nice, but slightly off.  I used an old Spyder (Not version 2) on it last
night many times and it never worked will.  The light grays have a very
noticeable pink or magenta tint to them. I followed the instructions to
the letter and then tried deviating from them with various monitor
settings and they went from bad to worse.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.  Does the Spyder 2 perform
better?  The reviews say it is a bit better, but most of the reviews I
have read say the original is pretty good, too.  I know it worked quite
well on my CRT monitor.  I am tempted to take this back and stick to my
old monitor, but I do like the 22" wide view.  I can fit lots of stuff
on my screen.  The 3000:1 contrast ratio really shows the details in the
shadows w/o blowing out the highlights.  I just want them to be an
accurate representation of what I print.

Aram

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Re: OT - calibration of monitor)