Subject: [Leica] re: while ago
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Wed Apr 4 16:42:00 2007

It has been suggested that CDs will have a reliable life of less than ten
years.  And you already know about hard drives.....

dnygr <dnygr@cshore.com> wrote:  I mostly use film still and my darkroom.
Digital is fine, but I enjoy film more. I use the digital for snapshots.

I found some negatives the other day. They were from the mid 1970s. I made a
contact sheet and showed it to my wife and then printed some photos of
friends when they were younger.

I wonder if people today will be able in 30 years to take their
long-forgotten memory cards and be able to access the info stored on them,
or their CDs with info on them. A few people will, those who keep up with
the ever-changing technology. But just a few. Digtial will probably be passe
and people will be shooting with newest, latest. Maybe holograms or who
knows what.

I don't object to digital. I like the feel of the M8. I prefer film.

Doug Nygren