Subject: [Leica] Is 1999 Nocti have problem with M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 3 10:44:00 2007

I figured buying an f1 lens for my old rangefinder M6 camera which hit the
pavement a few times and certainly the kitchen linoleum floor might not be
so smart. The vertical alignment was always going out. Had to have a screw
drier with me whenever I left the house with it. But I have various winders.
And I figured I'd shoot more and go for the percentages. A little more of
what I kind of already did anyway.
The outcome being I missed my focus wide open or close to it an amazingly
.00000000000001 % amount of times.
And it turns out to be a product concept which works. The Noctilux.
A startling and effective effect wide open.
The prints blow up great to 16x20 in the darkroom.
Totally usable in the mid day sun stopped down to f16.
I wish I had it with me I don't have it yet.
Its a reason to be a Leica shooter.
As is the new 75.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s