Subject: [Leica] CV lens recommendations
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Mar 30 12:49:36 2007

This is more of a wine preference but I have retained and use fairly
frequently the 21SA rather than upgrade to a newer lens.  I like the close
focusing ability and I really like the good sharpness that is smooth all the
way out.  No, it is not as sharp and does not have as much bite as the newer
glass but the overall rendition is very nice.  However, if the production 21
Biogons are as good as the samples shown then I will probably pick up one
this fall. (Note, Zeiss has been showing a 21 F4.5 Biogon at Photokina and
at PMA.  Not the old formula but uses a bit of retro-focus to handle other
aberations so a very nice lens.)