Subject: [Leica] bring a leica to disneyworld?
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Fri Mar 30 12:40:56 2007

For the ex's birthday ( 4th of July ! ) some years ago, some friends and I
treated her to a surprise trip to Great America north of Chicago.  Knowing
we would be in crowds and doing most of the rides, especially the wet ones,
I opted to take along an old, somewhat beat up, Rollei 35.  Same type litlle
rascal I often carried in Viet Nam.  Small, simple, very sharp lens ( 3.5
Tessar ), and can hide in a shirt pocket away from the splash.  And no
problem with sophisticated electronics quitting from a little dampness.  And
no great tears if it got dropped.

  I would recomend it or one of these very small Olympus minis.  After all,
sometimes family fun comes before pictures....

Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> wrote:
  i've been a member of the lug since 2001. i need my support group.

i'm very disturbed that we are going to disneyworld and i am seriously
considering not bringing any leica at all but taking just my point
and shoot digital fuji f30.

i usually take at least an mp and noctilux on vaca but i'm just worried
about film, xrays, bringing camera on the plane, leicavit misperceived
as weapon etc.

please help to convince me of the virtues of bringing the leica

thank you, most kindly

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com