Subject: [Leica] M8 Neck strap Failure
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Mar 26 17:13:37 2007

At 07:35 PM 3/26/2007, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
 >Marc,
 >
 >Letit be known that there never ( or hardly ever) was there a
 >distinction 'tween R und M straps.  Leitz/Leica changed them as their
 >vendors
 >did.  Nothing was dedicated to either of those models exclusively.
 >
 >Some had a sliding shoulder pad, some had the pad molded on/in.  The
 >early pads were good but there were some unauthorized copies
 >made, so Leica went to the molded-in pads.

Jerry

You are confusing the point.  Leica calls them M
and R straps, with different stock numbers --
14312 was the M strap and 14325 the R strap.  It
says so right on the box!  As I indicated, I use
the R straps even on my LTM cameras.  Either will
work on any camera but the M strap is narrower
and slips off my shoulder, while the R strap stays nicely in place.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] M8 Neck strap Failure)