Subject: [Leica] M8 Neck strap Failure
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Mar 25 21:20:50 2007

This IS a bit of a serious issue.  I have used
the Leica R Strap on all of my Leicas for more
than a decade -- I am a bit abashed to
acknowledge that I only use them on LTM and M
Leicas, as I don't own a Leica SLR or, for that
matter, as I am not as wealthy as Mark or
Jeffery, an M8.  (To buy an M8, I'd have to sell
off a bunch of my collection and as I cannot
figure anything digital out, why bother?  I'd
just lose items I can use now for a camera I could not use?  Go figure!)

The Leica R strap was a grand strap and I love
the three I have.  They work well on my IIIc and
IIIf RDST and my IIIg and on my M3 and M6.  I
just checked all three and there is nary a sign
of wear on any of the rubber overlays on any of
mine.  The M Strap was a cheesy one from the
get-go and unworthy of the Leica name.

I am astonished at this single report of failure
but I would presume that this is a single report
of error.  I am concerned about a possible
lowering of quality of materials but we need to know more.

Stick with that R strap, guys.  It is unbeatable
or, at least, it was to this point.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!