Subject: [Leica] Ted Grant: The Man Who Invented Irish Whiskey
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Mar 25 21:20:58 2007

At 08:24 PM 3/25/2007, Ted Grant wrote:
 >The good lad Marc James Small did say: :-)
 >
 >>>There is no question that some
 >> single-malts are really distinct, and Ted and I agree on Lagavulin for
 >> that!, <<<<
 >
 >Good on you lad, quite right!! :-)  Lagavulin it is! And for those who wish
 >the nectar of the God's it's the only one! :-)

Ted Grant, the man who, back around 380 AD
carried the knowledge of distillation, stolen
from the Picts, back to Ireland.  Ted, you can
run all you want, but I KNOW that you are the
Eternal Man and the Eternal Prankster, and I do
recognize your hand in the development, such as
it was, of modern civilization -- now, if you
will, tell us of your role in advising
Marlborough or, even more, the role you played in
the workup to Trafalgar.  Enquiring minds want to know ....

But WHY didn't you teach the Irish how to spell
whisky?  Whatever was in your mind?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!