Subject: [Leica] Lightroom advice
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Mar 24 12:04:36 2007

At 03:52 PM 3/24/2007, you wrote:

>Tina,
>
>Does that mean you are using iView for assigning keywords (if you do)?

No, I use File Info in PSCS2 for that.  I wish there was one program
to do it all but I'm very satisfied with the workflow that I've got
now using several.  PhotoShop is best for me for keywording and
captioning and once I fill out the File Info, usually using Metadata
templates, that goes with the photo anywhere I send it.

>I'm not so sure I need a big monster database either.
>
>My idea was to just use one big external harddisk and move it from
>laptop to desktop.

I do that with the wonderful, tiny little Seagate external hard
drives that come in 100, 120, and 160GB and are about the size and
weight of pack of cards.  I have 6 of them that I use back and forth
from laptop to desktop and take on trips instead of digital albums.

>What I don't like is that I don't understand what is happening, what
>Lightroom is doing, with the files when you import them.

I've ordered a book on Lightroom by Martin Evening and I'm doing the
tutorials offered on Luminous Landscape.  I hope that will help me
understand what's going on.  I wish Adobe would  come out with a
bigger, better manual for Lightroom.

Good luck!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA