Subject: [Leica] Lightroom advice
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Mar 24 11:30:29 2007

At 09:53 AM 3/24/2007, you wrote:
>But I want things available on my desktop too.
>
>What do I need to think of if I want to use an external harddisk to
>let my library live on for these scans. The "editing" file that is
>separate from the raw tiff ... does it contain absolute paths to the
>tiff file that is going to be edited?
>
>Daniel

I do exactly this by creating separate databases for each of my
shoots.  I don't need one big monster database because I use iView
for that so I'm only using the database part of Lightroom for
importing and working on the files.  Separate databases can be moved
from the external hard drives to the big one, but I don't.  I usually
just delete them when I've finished working on the photos and
exported them to folders.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA