Subject: [Leica] Lightroom advice
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Mar 24 05:53:40 2007

I'm starting to feel like I will be using Lightroom for most things and
have it go out to Lightzone for the things Lightzone is best at.
(Lightroom is best at more things).

But a practical issue.

I now loaded my raw scans into the library (about 115 gb).

(I've been testing printing from Lightroom ... works very nicely).

Anyway ... I want to tag all my scans with keywords etc.

I was planning on doing a lot of this time consuming stuff on train
rides. I sit on the train for hours each week and this would be a nice
way to pass the time.

So I would be working on a laptop.

But I want things available on my desktop too.

What do I need to think of if I want to use an external harddisk to let
my library live on for these scans. The "editing" file that is separate
from the raw tiff ... does it contain absolute paths to the tiff file
that is going to be edited?

Or is the editing file stored in the same directory as the original file
and thereby use relative paths?

I don't want to paint myself into a corner.

Thanks for advice or your experiences with administering libraries in
Lightroom.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Lightroom advice)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Lightroom advice)