Subject: [Leica] First computer
From: s.dimitrov at (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Mon Mar 19 19:40:08 2007

Yes, odd isn't it!
I'm so used to saying Mac these days, forgetting that in those years
one used the term Apple.

Slobodan Dimitrov

On Mar 19, 2007, at 7:29 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

> At 10:00 PM 3/19/2007, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
> >Oh, those! A friend of mine had one, or a model similar to it, from
> >Radio Shack. He was trying to write his thesis with it. Every time a
> >voltage hick-up occurred, he would loose everything he wrote. We
> >stayed away from him that summer. In retaliation, he managed to
> >switch the english department from PC to Macs.
> That's odd, Slobodan.  The Trash-80's ran of Digital Research
> software, well before Gates came out with Microsoft.  Radio Shack
> was one of the last major computer companies to shift over to the
> PC system.  And Macs were still three or four years in the future
> at that time, though he might have convinced his department to
> hamper its folks by using the early Apple computers.
> Marc
> Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from lists at (J. Gilbert Plantinga) ([Leica] First computer)
Message from pdzwig at (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] First computer)
Message from images at (Tina Manley) ([Leica] First computer)
Message from s.dimitrov at (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] First computer)
Message from marcsmall at (Marc James Small) ([Leica] First computer)