Subject: [Leica] IMG Don's PAW Week 10 Las Vegas with no glitz
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Mar 13 17:44:05 2007

Lotsa nice stuff. Nice week.

On Mar 13, 2007, at 9:25 PM, Don Dory wrote:

> Hi Gang,
> Last week was an interesting week as I spent the whole time in LV
> but really
> didn't find the city very interesting.  Could be the security at
> the Wynn
> running me off.  Anyway, let's start with the beginning of the trip
> in the
> airport.  I found this kind soul sleeping through several flights
> coming and
> going out of this gate.  It is a really long short story about why
> I spent
> so much time at this gate:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+Week
> +10/PAW+week10a.jpg.html
>
> This next one was from Zabrowski Point in Death Valley with really bad
> light.  You do what you can.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+Week
> +10/PAW+week10b.jpg.html

Isn't there a famous photo from Yosemite similar to this (Muir?)?

> Actually among the sand in Death Valley.  If you ever go, make it
> to the
> sand at daybreak as the peoples tracks will really mess up your
> shots or you
> will have to walk a long way over loose sand to find a clean sandbox:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+Week
> +10/PAW+week10c.jpg.html

very nice abstract

> This is the first decent light I had all day in Death Valley:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+Week
> +10/PAW+week10d.jpg.html
>
> What can I say, I like abstract designs.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+Week
> +10/PAW+week10e.jpg.html

I think it might have worked better on an overcast day, these shadows
bug me some

> This gent was overly optimistic.  Chatting up a model when her
> shift doesn't
> end for five more hours.  Trust me, her feet will hurt more than
> any desire
> for dinner or a drink.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+Week
> +10/PAW+week10f.jpg.html

Oh yea, like her feet are going to make the difference;^) The view
from an old man's fantasy paradise.

> This last one is a demonstration of why you should always have a
> camera.
> Medium escalator, notice a lot of commotion, look down, think it is an
> impersonator, realize it isn't, turn the camera on, jam a focus and
> click.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+Week
> +10/PAW+week10g.jpg.html

In Atlanta? A guy maybe?

Great fun! Have a nice spring, however short it may be.

Ric