Subject: [Leica] IR B+W 289 Filter Source in Germany
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Sat Mar 10 17:02:27 2007

Bob,

I think it is the B+W 486 IR/UV cut filter the one for one to use on
the M8. As I understand it, the B+W 489 you mention is an absorption
filter, whereas the 486 is a barrier (interference) filter.
This last one is the required to cut off the undesirable near IR
frequencies that contaminate M8 imaging.

B+W  486 filters were in back order at Foto Huppert last time I
communicated with them  in both 39 and 46mm. And yes, they are very
fast, responsive and reliable dealers.

Best,

Ed

El 10/03/2007, a las 17:50, Robert Rose escribi?: