Subject: [Leica] M8
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Mar 4 20:37:44 2007

Len,

I also am shooting RAW on the M8.  I am getting shots improperly exposed and
others that are fine.  Almost like the TTL is not working right.  If I stop
down to f5.6 the shot is way under exposed.  On my M6TTL and R8 I notice
that when I press the shutter release down the flash shows the film speed,
but on the M8 it does nothing.  I also noted that I have to turn the shutter
dial out of A and then back before the display shows the 250th shutter speed
for flash sync.  Do you use the flash in Aperture priority or turn the dial
to 250th second manual?  The manual seems really vague as to how to set up
the flash for use on the M8.

As for the D200, the exposures seem about 1 to 2 stops under exposed,
sometimes more.  I never had problems before with the on board flash,
outside of the RED eye problems endemic with on camera built in flash, and
low flash strength.

Gene