Subject: [Leica] Working with the M8--- Not Given the Chance
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Feb 27 19:36:54 2007

I think the problem with this logic is which 50% need the filter?  And do
you decide before shooting, or find out later, after the
shot is taken ( and fails).

I said this a while ago.... you always need the filter, just to be sure.

Note.. this is not a jab at Henning nor Gene, but rather a recommendation
that the issue is the way the sensor handles certain IR
wavelengths.  You can not be sure you are getting in trouble until it
happens.... and then it is too late.  Use the filters always,
and not have a problem....

BTW, does anyone know of a problem in using the filter?  Is there a
circumstance in which the filter should NOT be used?  ( Other
than trying to take IR shots).

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I'm wondering if I should just
>stuff them into the bag and wait for the need, or just put them on
>the lenses.

In my estimation when shooting colour, for 50% of the shots, and
that's including a lot of outdoors stuff, the filters are needed.